Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A LONG over due update....

Okay I know I have been a crappy blogger lately, leaving you all hanging about how the last show went, pictures from the last show to include the new saddle, etc. Well I just have been extremely busy and have been putting the blog on the back burner....I am sorry.


For our last show weekend, we attended two shows. On Saturday we made the trip down to Spotsylvania for the first Old Dominion Horse Series show.

This was an introductory QH show that is only one day at a local farm. It was a HOT day and the turnout wasn't bad, actually I thought the numbers were better then the PA show I attended the weekend before. There seemed to be individuals that usually do not show at QH shows, so the mission of the show was accomplished. They ended up added a WP walk/jog class that I ended up missing since they cut the break short and the announcements could not be heard where most of the trailers where parked. There was actually nine in the NA WP class, which we placed 4th in. I thought we had a good ride, he was a little quicker at the lope on the left lead, but that is he worse direction. Since I missed my walk/jog class, Connie suggested that I show him in one of the open non QH WP classes. We won the class out of four I think, even beat a trainer! Connie showed him in Green trail which he had a great go, except for the bridge. The judge would not allow us to practice the course and Woody was not sure about the bridge, but he did end up going over it! He ended up 3rd out of five and if it hadn't been for the bridge Connie felt that he would of been in the points.


Sunday we headed back to York Springs, PA. We didn't place as well in walk/jog as we had the previous weekend. Connie said that we had a great go, but the judge placed western horses that had a faster jog then ours. She stated she knew the judge and that was just how he was. Connie showed Woody in Green trail again, but this time he did horrible. The course was mostly set up outside the ring in this small grassy area and then entered the ring by working the gate to lope over poles. Woody tried to rush the back through and the side pass. While doing the gate Connie felt that he tried to walk out of it to get back to the group of horses waiting to go. She said that I need to not stand him around all the other horses so he doesn't get this desire to rush through the pattern to get done and go back to the other horses. So I spent the rest of the time slowly practicing side passing and trying to get him to understand that he will not rush it. In our NA WP there were actually five entries this time, we placed 3rd. The horse that won the previous Sunday was there again and of course placed above us. The bottom two horses beat us in the walk/jog class since they had a quick jog, but the lope was just as quick.

Here is a neat picture of the new show saddle!! Isn't it pruddy;) Exactly what I wanted.

A couple weeks ago I ordered my show headstall from Harris and I quickly received it last week. I wanted something classic and that would always be in style. They didn't have exactly what I wanted so I got one custom, though I am sure it was not that hard as I wanted one like this:

but with silver ear pierces like this:

so all that was needed to be done is to switch out the ear pieces.

I guess you can say I have been on a shopping spree as I also ordered myself a pair of these from Schneiders:

They are Smooth Ostrich by Justin, on sale for only $150!! I needed them for showing, especially if I ever plan on showing showmanship, which I do plan to attempt at my next show. I had to order a 10C as they didn't have a normal width but they feel a little big, so I went ahead and ordered the 9.5B and hope they will be a perfect fit. Along with them I also order some other various things such as a fly sheet for Woody, which actually ended up not being available and they didn't tell me so I didn't receive it when the boxes arrived. When I called them about it, she went ahead and sent me the newer version of the fly sheet I ordered at the same price!!!

Today I went ahead and ordered a show shirt from Show Diva. It wasn't the one that I really wanted, as everyone in my barn has shirts from there and they all happen to be my favorite prints!!


But I like this print as well. It has the cream background that I was looking for with black and a little splash of red. Since she didn't have my size in stock, I went ahead and asked to have a double lapel collar put on it so that I can wear a pretty necklace with it. I also happen to be bidding on a white and black Connie's show shirt on eBay which I totally forgot about, but it never met the reserve so I asked if she would sell it to me and she did!! So I have a white and black print shirt now as well.

I am done buy show clothes for now, as I can use my Connie's jacket and my Show Diva shirt to show showmanship. I really want a nice pleasure jacket, but the type of jacket I want, I was advised that it would cost me well over what I want to spend on one. So I am just going to put that off for awhile and maybe get one made over the winter for next year instead.

I also received my custom chaps from Betsy Tuckey last week after the Post Office misplaced the package. They fit and look great, can't wait to show in them!

I did receive some bad news from the attorneys office today. I was advised that there will not be enough money probably to pay out even near what my attorney is asking for the car accident since there was a women in another vehicle that ended up having surgery. See the person that hit use only had 25,000/50,000, so that 50,000 gets split between three people. She mentioned that we will have to put my insurance on notice for my under insured coverage, but since I have 25,000/50,000 as well they probably won't pay out as I have to have higher coverage for it to work or something. My attorney is suppose to call me about it next week, but it looks like we are going to get screwed in the end and not walk away with as much as we had hoped to.

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment