Friday, May 29, 2009

Quick update....

I have been busy working on a new post, I am hoping to finish it today but if I don't I just wanted to leave you with a quick update.

I finally finished the website for the horse show my trainer puts on, well almost. I am having an issue with the stall reservation email form. I think it has something to do with the PHP coding, but I am not 100% sure. I have one other thing I am going to try and if I can't get it to work, I am just going to change it to a regular html form for now. But it is up and running and I will post it when it is 100%!

Woody has been doing great!! Connie came back from her vacation and just thinks his lope is coming along nicely. I am going to attempt to ride today, notice I said attempt. I started P90X and my legs are very, very sore from yesterday. I mean it hurts to get up or sit down. Connie won't be out as she is on her way to KY to pick up a mare, but advised me that Woody has been very good the last three days. Tonight I really need to work on some showmanship, as I would really like to show it at the show next weekend. His pivots are great, but he has begun sluggish at setting up. He used to be pretty good about stopping and setting up pretty square, but now, not so much. Connie said I need to get out of the habit of moving him as he will become dependent on me telling him what to do instead of him just doing it. Success in the Show Pen had a really good post on how to train showmanship, so I am going to apply some of the principles she talked about and see how it works out for us. As for a showmanship outfit, right now I just plan on showing in a white blazer with a black lace tank, black pants and a black hat. It is more of a halter outfit, but as long as my turnout is nice it should be fine for this show.

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment