Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Show news and Twilight....

Okay, so I have a lot to update.

First, I finally bought a show saddle at the ECCS from Harris. It's exactly what I wanted, but slightly over my budget so I was unable to buy a headstall or show shirt. I don't have any pictures of it yet, but plan on having some taken this weekend at the horse show.

This past weekend I attended my first horse show with Woody. I haven't shown in over 10 years, so I must admit that I was nervous about it. We attended a two day show in York Springs, PA and was graced with great weather. The show was small though, with only 3 entries in the NA WP for both days. I had to ask one of the women from the barn to show in it on Sunday as there was only two entries without her. I placed 2nd on both days, Connie felt that I could of won the class on Saturday, but had a bobble in front of the judge. On Sunday the first place horse deserved to win, he was finished and had a better lope then we did. I also showed in the combined Walk/Jog class to get some ring time. We placed 3/12 on Saturday and 1/10 on Sunday earning $50!! Can't beat winning money! On Sunday I also showed in Am WP to make it an one point class, we placed last which I figured was going to happen. Connie took Woody in Greene Trail to make it an one point class as well and he handled it like a champ. I only practiced the bridge with him as I wanted him to learn to go over it since we do not have one at the barn. When they realized they did not have all the same entries from the day before she took him in it and placed 3/5. Not bad for a horse that had only ever jogged and loped over poles. And of course the lope over is what he messed up on! A couple of the women at the barn were entered in Am Horsemanship, but needed someone else to make it pointed so I went ahead and entered it as well. I have worked on pivots with him some and we spent one Saturday working on patterns, but are no where ready to do the class. We placed 2/3, which I felt we should have been last. The pattern had a 180 to the right and a 270 to the left both of which we did not do correctly. He actually ended up doing a turn on the forehand during the 270 and not to mention he started turning when I asked him to back. Guess the judge really liked us as I felt my fellow barn mates both had better patterns.

I didn't take any pictures are the show since I didn't really have anyone there that could and I forgot to charge my battery. They did have a photographer, but I never got a chance to look at what he took of us and I have a feeling most of them are not that great since he always seemed to try to take pictures when they were calling out the results.

I must admit that I have a lot to learn and work on which is my goal for the year. Even though earning points is important, I feel this first year will be best spent trying to better myself as a rider.

Our next shows are this weekend. There is a local intro QH show about an hour away on Saturday that a couple people from the barn are attending. Then the majority of the barn is heading back to PA on Sunday for another show at York Springs.

Okay, so for the past week I have been engrossed in the Twilight Saga. It all started when I watched the movie after returning from ECCS. I had always wondered what the craze was about the movie as I had never heard of the books before this. I wish I had though! These would of been perfect for me to read while I was deployed. Anyway, after seeing the movie, I was obessed in reading the saga. It took me a week to read all four and would have finished up sooner if I didn't have a show the past weekend. Can I say, I loved them. I wish that there were for more of an adult crowd, but they were so easy quick and easy to read. I have not read any books for almost three years, but they def got me wanting to find something else to read now. I have been told to read True Blood, so those will be my next addiction probably.

But due to my addition, I kinda put other things on the side such as working on the website for the Fireworks show. So my mission for the rest of the week and this weekend is to finish up the website.

Christina

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the great show weekend! The Twilight Saga is good, you should check the adult book Stephenie Meyer wrote called The Host. By far my favorite that she has written.

    ReplyDelete