Thursday, September 16, 2010

Be on the look out for......

Our Congress ad!!!!



This year I decided to advertise in the Equine Chronicle. My trainer says there are two ways to get the judges to know who you and your horse are. One is to show practically every weekend - usually by doing this you showing to a lot of judges and sometimes even the same judges several times through out the year. If you can't or don't want to show that often, then advertising is another option. Everyone has opinions on advertising, but even my trainer has been advised by some judges that if you are going for a title, then you need to get your name out there.

Since my goal for this year revolved around doing well at Congress, I wanted to create some hype and a brand for us. I did this by showing at some of the toughest shows on the east coast, advertising & ensuring every time I showed I had my Congress outfit on. Plus all my outfits are the same colors, though my showmanship is just getting finished now, so I will be lucky if it will be ready for next weekends show and I never had enough funds to have the trail jacket finished before Congress as well.

I wanted to advertise three times before Congress, but financially I could not do it so I had an ad in the July EC for the Big A & will have one in the Congress issue. I am also debating about advertising in GoHorseShow.com as well, but I am not sure if I will have the extra funds as well. I would really like to do a two page spread, but we shall see;)

I actually do my own ad designing and in the future would like to have an ad & web design business - to help pay for my horse hobby;) I already have one customer that I will be doing several ads for & will begin designing her website once I get more pictures from her.

For Congress I did three different options, but ended up going with the one above after reviewing them with my trainer.

Option 1

Option 3

Ad that appeared in July/August Chronicle

My first ad attempt. It was suppose to be in the March/April issue.

Even if you don't receive the EC or won't be at a show where they are given away, you can check it out online at www.equinechronicle.com/. The Congress issue should be coming out soon!

Christina

5 comments:

  1. I love them all, and I think it's so cool that you get to advertise yourself. :)

    Best of luck to you and Woody!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the ads look awesome! You do a wonderful job. Good luck at Congress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ad says "offered for sale"? I hadnt seen any prior posts referring to his sale. WHats up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @milo - I was absent from my blog for most of the year & just got back into posting last month. I guess I just haven't gotten to that part of the year yet as I have been trying to update everyone on my absent time. Though it has always been the plan from the very beginning of the year to sell Woody. I have noviced out of everything but WP & HUS, which was the plan at the start of the year & wanted to upgrade to an Ammy horse.

    ReplyDelete