If you haven't already noticed, I have some non horse blogs now listed in my Fav Blogs. Well back in September or October time frame I decided to try Weight Watchers, well I only lasted like a month. But after several eye opening indicators (could only fit into ONE of my many dresses for a close friends wedding the other weekend; how snug my larger clothes are fitting me now; and who could miss the flabby arms & stomach!) I have decided to make it my quest to lose about 40 pounds. I am trying to be really motivated about this. My friend (whose wedding I just attended) lost 50 pounds in ten months on WW, so she is my motivation. If she can do it, so can I! Plus we have very similar body types and are about the same height so I believe I have set a reasonable goal. I may adjust it if I start working out more since muscle weighs more then fat! I am not going to meetings, but just doing it myself and keeping track of everything on a handy app I have on my phone!
I will be heading to the barn tonight. It has been a whole week since I last rode. My trainer headed to a show this past weekend that I decided I didn't want to attend. I really have no motivation to ride when she is not at the barn. I feel it has to do with the fact that I feel like I am not bettering myself without her instruction and that I don't always know whether Woody is performing correctly or not. Plus it was so hot this past weekend, it wasn't worth it. I did go out to the barn Monday evening, but my trainer wasn't there. I spent sometime at the trailer trying to find my sleazy that I couldn't find before they left for the show. But I made the discovery that someone used my brand new mesh sleazy that I won for reserve circuit champion in GA.
At first I thought maybe it was not mine and it was one that was won in previous years. But I believe this one is mine & I have been advised that my trainer used it. I am a little pissed about it, plus there is a small hole in it as well. Honestly sleazy's can get torn so easily and what if the horse had destroyed it and I never got to use the award I won! I know it was hot, but it was hella hot in GA as well and most of the horses worn regular sleazy's perfectly fine the whole time. But I feel I can't say anything about her using it, because she lets me use some of her stuff, but I always ask before I do! Anyway, I got a little irked and pulled all my stuff out of the trailer to take home or put in my tack locker. I really hate doing this because it is so much easier to leave in the trailer so I don't forget something, but I am sick of my stuff being used. Also someone used my borrowed Harris show pad as they mistakenly grabbed it. It had my numbers on it, not yours so how do you mistakenly use it!! And not to mention before we left for GA, someone had used my english show bridle as it was put back in the wrong bag and had been adjusted. I really don't mind people borrowing stuff, as I borrow stuff, but I like people to ask me to borrow it and then put it back where they find it!! I hate when I can not find something of mine because someone used it and didn't put it back where it belonged and I had to spend extra time finding it instead. I didn't have this problem at all last year, but I am just going to pull everything out of the trailer after every show to prevent this now except for my saddles. PITA, but I rather do that then have stuff some up missing or damaged!
Whew, felt good to get all that out!
Christina
I had almost given up and removed your blog from my sidebar and followers list, but for some reason I procrastinated... and here you are! I enjoy reading about you and Woody!
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of borrowing tack, recently my western cinch had come up missing. They took it right off my saddle, so there was no way they could claim they thought it was theirs or that it was just laying there and they didn't know who it belonged to. Two days later it made its way back to my saddle rack (where I had removed my saddle and locked it in my trailer) and it was covered with chestnut hairs. Definitely not hair from my mare!
I keep everything locked up that I can, but I never imagined someone would take my cinch right off my saddle. You can bet that's locked up now, though. Cinches and girths aren't something I'm willing to share. I never did find out who borrowed it.
I would be livid if someone borrowed a slinky and returned it with a hole in it!