Yesterday was Woody's follow up appointment with Dr. Casey. Connie also made an appointment for her 2 yo, so we hoped Woody would load and haul better in the two horse trailer. Of course the 2 yo got right in the trailer, but Woody still did not want to get on. So the chain went over his nose and THEN he decided he would get on.
We got there a little later then planned due to various things Connie had to get done before we left, but we Dr. Casey didn't even get there until an hour after our original appointment was scheduled due to an emergency. Good thing there was a heated tack room to sit in while we waited cause it was cold and rainy.
The vet reevaluated Woody, said he seemed have a 60% improvement and did acupuncture on his hips. This time he put Ozone in the acupuncture needles, stating something that the Ozone breaks down to Oxygen and the Oxygen will help heal faster. He wanted me to continue the rubbing and massage he showed me last time and showed me a new stretch to do with him to help with his sensitive whithers. See as soon as you touch Woody around his whithers, he instantly twitches his skin in the area which can cause banding in that area a PITA. Basically the stretch is pulling his front leg slightly over and down wanting to stretch his toe to the ground. He said if his shoulder is out, this will also pop it back in.
Now it is time to push him to build muscles, but to still see what he is telling us as in what he can and can't do and if he does get sore to bute him.
On another note, we have turned him back out in the big lot. He had been put in a smaller lot by himself when it was wet last week because if he slides while stopping from a run, he is more likely to reinjure himself. But due to him not getting any exercise during the day and the combination of the cold and windy, he was very fresh last week. So fresh on Friday that I had a couple close calls and had quite a mechanical bull ride at one point. I much rather him be turned out, as he is NOT the same laid back horse without all the exercise and playing he gets while turned out in the field.
I also rode english again on Monday, trying to get ready to show Eq for Florida. I am having the hardest time keeping my legs back while I am posting. I pretty much have a perfect position at the sitting trot and canter, but while I am posting, my legs goes forward and actually it seems like I am sliding forward as I noticed I got closer to the pommel of the saddle. Connie suggested trying her saddle just to see what happens and then I will start riding english twice a week and hopefully will be good enough for Florida.
So we will see....Christina
No comments:
Post a Comment