Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Busy, busy, busy.....

The last couple weeks have just been flying by. While I was at the barn last night I realized that there is just a little over a month before my first show of the year. Depending on how Woody is doing, I may decided to go to the York Springs show on April 18-19, which is a month away. I just don't feel like I am ready, though. Yes I do have another month to prepare and ever since I put Woody back in training he has been progressing quite well. But I don't have a show saddle, I don't have chaps yet, I feel like we need a lot of work on transitions, hell I still don't feel comfortable loping him one handed yet. Okay breath.....

Like I said, Woody has be progressing nicely. His lope still needs work, he just needs to learn to hold himself and I am sure his injury is not helping at all. Connie felt that he was falling apart on Tuesday when she rode him. One of the other women at the barn has been using a laser therapy machine on her horse to help with an injury so they hooked Woody up to it. Connie thinks it help him some so its about that time to get him adjusted again. Woody still is tipping his head to the left, so I called Dr. Harrison's office to see if there are any exercises to help with his. I was told that acupuncture actually really helps these type of injuries and to make sure he is rounding himself. The woman that answered the phone explained to me that with these type of injuries the ligament turns into scar tissue depending on how long he was injured and the estrone helps the ligament to become like rubber again. She said that continually giving estrone shots can help, as it will not soften up over night. Soo it looks as if I am just going to buy a bottle to keep on hand and give him shots.

But like I said I am busy, busy is not a bad thing, time passes faster, but sometimes I feel like I am too busy. See to support some of my horse expenses I work a part time job in retail. I usually work two-three days a week, anywhere from 10-20 hours a week on top of my full time job. The last couple months I have been feeling exhausted, not sure if it is because I am working too much or due to the fact that I found out in January that I had mono sometime before and was having like a flair up which could cause me to feel tired and could continue to feel this way for a couple more months. I am also in the National Guard, so I drill one weekend of every month. On top of working sometimes up to 60 hours a week, I am at the barn about 10-15 hours a week. I would love to quit my part time job, I would miss the awesome discount I get though, but until my full time job gives me a raise, which they are not giving anyone raises this year due to the economy...I will continue working at J.Crew. Let's just say that I am busy, and I have a great SO who picks up the slack around the house since I seem to never be there!

I did find out that a couple of the shows I was planning on going to may not happen. Very disappointed since these shows were close enough that I could sleep in my own bed. Supposedly they torn down some of the barns....hoping they are rebuilt before the fall. I guess I have replaced them with the York Spring, PA show instead though. The first one would only require a hotel for one night since we would drive there the morning of the show.

Oh one last thing before I leave...I think I have developed a show pad addiction. I found another pad that I am getting. I just need to find one that goes with my Connie's jacket.

Christina

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Christina! You need to slow down and rest! Wow! Mono can be a scary thing, it drags you down such. That's very fun about the show pad addiction - we all need little indulgences every now and then. Keep going girl and get some rest!

    ReplyDelete