Tuesday, September 21, 2010

We got the swine......

Stalls in the swine barn that is! It's my trainers favorite barn with stalls on the end so we won't be stuck between other trainers and a covered riding ring is attached as well.

I have been practicing for Equitation a lot lately. I actually spent almost two hours Saturday on my position, riding patterns and working on Woody staying in the bridle during transitions. I would say lately I have been riding english  more then western, mostly because I wanted to improve my position and I have difficulty keeping my heels down really well. I have like NO flexibility at all. I just hope all this hard work pays off when I show Equitation in a MONTH!

Tomorrow we leave for the ESQHA in NY. We actually won't be leaving until early in the evening so we most likely won't even arrive until after midnight and will have to show at 7 am that morning. Soooo we may just be sleeping in the truck (haven't fully decided on this yet). Originally it seemed that I was the only person that could go to this show (and I wanted to go since I haven't shown in a tough crowd since July and needed a good Congress warm up show) but now a youth will also be coming a long as well. We are leaving so late so she can go to a full day of school and my trainer has a lesson that won't end until 4.

It's going to be a long and hectic scheduled show. I will be attempting to show in the HUS early the first day, then NA & Ammy Eq and in the evening I will be showing in Na & Ammy SMS, plus fitting in Trail warm up around 3pm which hopefully will be before SMS so we can be done and get something to eat!! Another 7am morning full of 4 trail classes, then WP & Na & Am HMS. But the day isn't over yet! It is estimated that the Western will end around 6 and they will start the beginning of second set of judges! So then maybe HUS, BIG maybe depending on how we do the first day and how tired Woody will be after all that trail. Then finishing up a late day with NA & Am Eq. Yet again Saturday will be another 7am start with Na & AM SMS and then we are hitting the road. Part of the deal with my trainer to take me to this show was that we would leave after SMS on Saturday, so that means I miss showing Trail, WP & HMS the last day. I HOPE that this show they don't give a saddle away for the all around as it would be just my luck that this would happen since they haven't offered any saddles for the all arounds since I have started showing!

Last year this was a pretty big show with no less then 15 in most of the NA classes. The Am SMS had over 30. I hoping there is some tough competition to keep us on our toes and I am entering all the Am pattern classes to do more complicated patterns.

I am pretty sure I will be a walking zombie at work next Monday since it will be long days, but it's a perfect prep for Congress, well I hope at least!

I was hoping my SMS outfit would be finished before this show, but it needs a couple finishing touches. Here is a sneak peak of it:


I don't think I ever officially posted about my HMS shirt. I received it before the Spring Breakout in March & can be seen in my win photo.

I'm going to try to get some video footage done this weekend, especially in Eq, HMS & SMS. Need to critique myself as much as possible!!

Christina

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy weekend! I hope you and Woody do well and you get in the practice you need before Congress!

    Your showmanship outfit looks like it'll be gorgeous when it's done. I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that your group got the barn they wanted for Congress. Good luck at the show this weekend! Your showmanship outfit looks pretty amazing, I love the color combination you've chosen - they look great together.

    ReplyDelete