Abscesses!!
Yes our barn has been hit. There are several horses with abscesses right now, including Woody. When I pulled him out of his stall Wednesday evening, I noticed that he off on his right front and it made sense as it felt like he was slightly off Monday night on the same leg but he got better the longer we rode.
The farrier happened to be at the barn, so I took Woody over to see him and advised him of what was going on. He checked his pulse in the right front and everything seemed fine. He then check the pulse on his left hind and it was off. He advised that it was most likely an abscess, he has been seeing a lot of horses with him recently.
So I soaked his foot and Connie got me a package of Animalintex Hoof Poultice Pad, which were recommended by our farrier and worked on another mare in the barn that just got had an abscess. She put the pad on, put padding mostly on the bottom of the hoof and then vet wrapped it on.
I am hoping this abscess blows quickly and that it is just an abscess, not something else.
Christina
No comments:
Post a Comment