Monday, November 2, 2009

Tried something new....

The past couple months I have been tossing around the idea to add Equitation to Woody's resume. What has been holding me back from showing this class is the fact that Woody is on the small side and I am tall and not so slender anymore. I was trying to wait to see if Woody would have bulked up some before our first performance, but it seems he will never really have that bulkier build.

So I asked Connie about it again and she wanted to see how we looked together before she made a decision on it. On Saturday I pulled my english saddle out of the basement to make a reappearance in my life. After our training session, I switched saddles and climbed aboard. One of the women at the barn commented that the english saddle actually made Woody look bigger.

Well let me tell you, it really felt like I did not have a horse in between my legs! Connie thought that it would probably be okay for smaller QH shows, but once I get boots and a jacket on, it may just not look good since they make you look taller. My legs didn't go past his stomach, so that was a good thing!

I didn't ride english very long though, mostly trotted around so they could determine if we looked okay. My legs were all over the place though, I will def need to get some half chaps for schooling.

And IF I decide to show in Eq, I need to get my boots stretched/zipper/elastic inserted so they can fit my calves, breeches, shirt and a jacket. One of the women at the barn brought me a shirt and jacket to try on to see if it fits so I can maybe show in Nov. Though I doubt I would be ready, and would need a lot of saddle time I feel like to get that accomplished.

So I will see....Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment