Tuesday, October 27, 2009

June - ODSS Intro Show

At the last minute, I decide to head to the local Intro show. Of course do to my last minute decision and having to stay at work later then usual of a Friday, I ended up at the barn until late and didn't even finish banding!

So once we arrive at the show, I actually had enough time to finish banding and still make my SMS class though there was only two of us in the class so it almost wasn't even worth it! We ended up placing second as Woody didn't back straight and I think he picked up his foot during the pivot. Since this was an intro show and a novice class, the judge did take the time to tell us what we did wrong. He advised me that I was too much in front of Woody while I backed him up and that I was too verbal with my cues.

Next was NA WP and we ended up having a pretty decent ride. My trainer said that I had the best ride in the class as the horse that placed first stopped her horse during the lope but the judge didn't see it. But I ended up placing 2nd and picked up a half point since there was 7 in the class.

I won the NA HMS class, but there was only 4 in the class, so again I only got .5 point.

There was only 2 of us entered in the NA Trail class, so we both decided to enter the Ammy class to make it 3. I ended up winning the Ammy class, picking up another half point. My trainer didn't feel like getting dressed, so I rode Woody in the Open and Green trail classes, we ended up placing 2nd out of 4 in the Open and won the Green, getting another half point.

No comments:

Post a Comment