Well actually for many it has already started. The group from my barn have already attended their first show of the season, but for me it looks as I won't be in the show ring until June or July.
My plan for the year is to attend the following shows:
Fireworks Spectacular July 3rd-5th in Fredericksburg, VA
Frying Pan Show, September 5th & 6th in Herndon, VA
Pre Turkey Circuit, November 20th-22nd in Herndon, VA
They are all close enough that it does not warrant hotel expenses. For the Herndon shows, we can actually forgo stall expenses as well and just haul in daily instead.
I originally had the Black Eyed Susan on my schedule as well. It is a five day show and the stalls can be expensive, but it usually is in Culpeper, VA which is only an hour drive as well, so I would not have to get a hotel room either. BUT, due to scheduling conflicts with one of the Hunter shows, they had until unfortunately move the show to Lexington, VA. Now I love showing at Lexington, but it gets pretty expensive doing so and I am trying to keep this year low cost since I have so many other expenses such as a SADDLE! And show clothes, since I have nothing. Starting all over again is expensive!! So I most likely will not be attending the Black Eyed Susan this year. I may try to go to the Southern States Show in Lexington though. It is a pretty nice show with an exhibitors dinner. So I am adding this to my tentative list of shows to attend.
With show season approaching (or in full swing for others). I will start posting some helpful information for all to help stay organize, tips/tricks, lists, etc. If you know me, I am a major organization freak. Even before I entered the military, I was big into organization.
So today I finally had the time to print, organize and scan all the various patterns I have collected.
Showmanship part 1 & Part 2
Trail
Horsemanship
Equitation
I hope they are helpful to all. As for me, when I get more time they will be filed away in a binder with page protectors so I can bring it out to the barn with me and practice, well that is if we ever get far enough along to do so...I know it takes time:)
As for Woody, he seemed a little stiff on Wednesday when I went to ride. Not sure if it is due to the cold or what. Connie said he felt OK and looked a little better on the line yesterday, but feels he shouldn't be cantered until he is feeling better. So maybe Sunday?!?! Connie will not be around tonight and tomorrow due to the banquet this weekend. So crossing fingers that Sunday we can start progressing further:)
Off to the barn...Christina
Good luck progressing with Woody. I would love to see all your organizing tips and tricks those are always helpful. Also, I couldn't open the google documents, it says it is "unavailable at this time", I would love to get in there and maybe swap you some that I have saved on my computer. ;D I hope Woody is feeling better soon and you have a great time at the barn!
ReplyDeleteAmy - Thanks for letting me know about the links. Try them out now, hopefully they are working;) More stuff to come in the future!!
ReplyDeleteHI Christina - now it says something else when trying
ReplyDelete"Insufficient privileges
Sorry, willowwaw@hotmail.com does not have permission to view this page. Please verify you are using the correct account, or contact the site owners.
You can return to your sites ."
I really want to see these! haha :D And I can't wait for more things in the future!
Amy - try it now. I think I finally figured it out!
ReplyDeleteThey are all working! Very awesome, thanks for sharing! :D
ReplyDelete