Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The waiting has begun....

On Friday the vet came out to do the muscle biopsy on Woody. Of course I had to pick the coldest day ever to do it. Even though we where in the barn, it was still freezing. It got to a point where my hands and feet went numb! When the vet cleaned the area where the biopsy would be performed, the water that was on his tail froze and so did the bucket of water!

So now I play the waiting game for the results to see if he in fact does have PSSM. The vet did advise that she did not feel Woody was getting enough fat in his diet so she suggested upping the amount of Endure or feeding him corn oil, which currently would be impossible to do with it being so cold.

I also had her check out the saddle I was using on him to if she believed it could be causing him to be sore. Well, it in fact does not fit him like we thought it did. I guess it is actually too big and rocks, which means it is sitting on his spine. So after his week break, I will try on of the Skeeter saddles on him and see how he behaves.

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment