Well, things haven't been that great with Woody lately. Our last good ride together was my lesson with Connie. Since then he seems to be getting even more sore. The last couple times I rode him, he ended up bucking frequently, I am assuming he is doing this due to his back being sore.
On Monday I went out and just longed him to see how he was moving. To me it looked like he was more limping then short stepping in the rear. Made me think more and more that he may in fact not have PSSM and there is another issue that needs to be faced. So instead of riding I practiced a little showmanship, which he seems to be picking up quite well. I think he finally has setting up down pretty well to the point that when he stops he is automatically squaring up.
On Wednesday Connie was there and wanted to see how he was moving. He didn't look as bad as I thought he did on Monday, and she even thought that he didn't seem that sore when she tested him. I told her about my conversation with the vet and the suggestion on giving him bute before I ride to see if it is a pain problem or if it is neurological. She advised against the bute since it can be harsh on the horses stomach and instead suggested B-L Solution. So I have the job of hunting if down in our area so we can give it a try to see if it helps him any. She also suggested riding him bare back to see if he acts the same way without a saddle on. So it looks as if I will brave riding bare back when I go out to ride tomorrow, should be interesting since I haven't done this since I was a kid.
Wish me luck!
Christina
No comments:
Post a Comment