Yesterday Woody moved to his new home. I am very excited to have him so close to me, less then 10 miles from my house!!
I got to the barn right before Jerry arrived and found out where to put Woody. Since he will now be turned out during the day, I put on his new turnout blanket with his sleazy and let him roam free in his paddock. Of course he had to try out his new digs and decided to roll a couple times. Luckly it wasn't muddy out!
I went over a couple things with Jerry, wished him good luck at the show this weekend and said goodbye. By this time Connie had arrived and we went over everything. She showed me where I could put my stuff and I proceed to unload it all. I did find out that I needed to get a break away halter for him, so I went to the tack store to buy one. They didn't have either one of my colors (black or purple), but I sucked it up and just bought one.
I decided to let Woody settle into his new surroundings and not ride him. I hoped that since I was on call tonight for my part time job that I wouldn't end up having to go in and would be able to ride (and I was right, they don't need me tonight). The only problem is that the work bridle and reins I ordered still have not come in and I still have not bought a bit yet, so I hope Connie will allow me to use one of hers and by early next week I should have a bridle all together. If all else fails, I can at least longe him and work on showmanship.
Christina
No comments:
Post a Comment